BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
- Reports directly to Assistant Controller, Corporate;
- Intermediate Accountant and Accounting Administrator report directly to Senior Accountant.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
In this role, the individual is accountable for supporting the Assistant Controller, Corporate in the preparation of the Company’s accounting records, financial statements and financial reporting. In all activities, dealings, and decisions the Senior Accountant will exemplify the values of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (BluEarth or the Company).
Key functions include:
- Managing the preparation of quarterly and annual Financial Statements in compliance with IFRS for the Company, subsidiaries and joint ventures;
- Providing analysis and accounting policy conclusions in relation to complex accounting matters resulting from new accounting standards, acquisitions, financings and other transactions;
- Supports Assistant Controller, Corporate in developing and maintaining best practices for integrating acquisitions into the accounting system;
- Leading the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package including key metrics and analysis to executive team and board of directors;
- Managing the month end close process including setting the time table, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of journal entries, and reviewing month end binder and supporting working papers;
- Coaching and supporting junior accounting staff to complete required monthly and quarterly tasks;
- Coordinating annual audit and interim audit work with external auditors.
- Upholding and promoting the Company’s core values;
- Other tasks and duties as required.
- A recognized Canadian accounting designation (CPA) is required.
- Minimum five (5) years recent and proven corporate accounting experience in a complex, dynamic, multi-entity environment;
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and good understanding of financial processes;
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and excellent eye for accuracy;
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems;
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment, with the ability and desire to create or modify processes for new business conditions;
- Highly motivated, with the ability to contribute and collaborate in an energetic and dynamic team environment;
- Ability to switch gears quickly and effectively utilize resources to get the job done;
- Ability to exercise sound and critical judgement, show initiative, and be proactive;
- Ability to motivate and lead other people to produce results;
- Highly detail-oriented with an ability to focus on the ‘big picture’;
- Displays professionalism and strong ethics; is reliable and trustworthy;
- Practical, communicative, organized, directive, and flexible;
- Passionate about the development and mentorship of staff;
- Active participant in personal career growth and communicates needs to help achieve goals;
- Passionate about contributing to a positive work environment and development of company culture;
- A sense of humour;
- Enthusiasm for both the Position and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours when required.