BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
Reports directly to the Director, Legal (the “Director”).
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for providing consistent and reliable assistance to the Director and acting as a stakeholder in the general legal support of BluEarth’s business activities. Key functions include:
- Assistance with developing and maintaining best practices for contract management and compliance, including maintaining all legal files and working collaboratively with various functional groups within BluEarth;
- Assistance with the management of BluEarth’s corporate structure, including director and shareholder resolutions, corporate filings, and general minute book and entity management;
- Assistance with the preparation and coordination of Board meeting materials;
- Overseeing the management of various contractual and reporting obligations to BluEarth’s project partners and certain regulatory bodies;
- Assistance with managing and implementing various BluEarth corporate and legal policies;
- Performing all administrative tasks associated with the Director’s legal support of BluEarth’s business activities. This may include:
- General administrative and organizational assistance for all activities associated with the Director’s role within BluEarth;
- Liaising with external legal counsel;
- Preparation of presentations and correspondence and revising documents, including proofreading, editing and document version management.
- As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions set out herein are likely.
Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate (or equivalent experience and training) with a corporate law focus.
- Three to ten years’ corporate legal assistant experience in a reputable law firm or corporation;
- Experience with and knowledge of corporate structure and minute book management considered a strong asset;
- Experience in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe;
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information with a strong sense of diplomacy, confidentiality, and discretion;
- Highly detailed orientated and committed to accuracy
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure and effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Displays professionalism and strong ethics, as well as being reliable and trustworthy;
- Excellent communication and strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to identify and effectively utilize resources and good judgement to solve problems;
- Highly motivated, communicative, directive, and flexible;
- A sense of humour;
- Enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision.
Ability to work outside regular working hours as required.