BluEarth Asset Management (“BEAM”) is a subsidiary of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (“BluEarth”), accountable for operations and maintenance of BluEarth’s renewable energy facilities.BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
The Hydro Operator will be based out of Sechelt, BC and reporting directly to the Supervisor, Sunshine Coast Hydro Operations. The role will be responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the hydro facility operations and maintenance on the Sunshine Coast, primarily at the Narrows Inlet Hydro Facility. The Hydro Operator would work with the Supervisor and the entire operations team to ensure safety, environmental, production, and annual budget targets are achieved. The Operator will also provide support to project upgrades and construction of future projects with BluEarth’s hydroelectric facilities.
Accountabilities and Duties
- Monitor and assess the performance of the Narrows Inlet Hydro Facility through annual operating reviews, including production, corrective and preventative maintenance programs
- Respond to operational upsets of every nature in a timely fashion
- Assist in the development of an Emergency Response Plan and lead in its execution in the event it is initiated
- Establish and maintain a working environment conducive to team work, creativity, and positive morale
- Maintain close working and harmonious relationships with all external stakeholders
- Work with BluEarth staff and service providers to maintain various stream gauges and keeping them up to appropriate standards, downloading, analyzing and compiling data to ensure operational compliance
- Ensure all environmental responsibilities are adhered to on a proactive basis by working closely with conservation authorities, and all applicable government agencies, as required by the site-specific approvals, using the regulatory group to support you in this
- Submit any required reports on Health Safety & Environment, budget, production, availability, and other performance measures currently in place and to be developed
- Uphold all aspects of BEAM’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all activities are administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BEAM’s activities are minimized and/or avoided
- Uphold our values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company; and
Other duties as required.
- Journeyman electrician, preferred Class B or Millwright certification would be asset but not required;
- Other equivalent and directly related trade certifications will be considered;
Experience and Skills
- Previous run-of-river hydro facility operations experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum five years operations experience
- Previous electrical wiring skills required
- Previous mechanical experience and ability to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions
- Experience with development, implementation, and execution of site Emergency Response Plans
- Strong Mechanical aptitude inclination required
- Ability to understand technical issues and how they relate to the business
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and reschedule priorities as needed
- Solid understanding of budgeting and ability to develop and use financial and non-financial measurements and targets to help manage the assets
- Excellent coordination skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing support to multiple concurrent projects
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Capable of identifying and addressing problems effectively, proactively and respectfully in order to achieve objectives of BluEarth
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Strategic thinker – Able to prioritize and move easily from big picture thinking to detailed execution work
- Demonstrated abilities with conflict/issue resolution
- Action-oriented and able to work with a team
- Able to earn the trust of others
- Persistent, dedicated, and motivated
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Professional, respectful, and charismatic
- Exercises independent judgement and discretion in performing tasks
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as on-call
- Ability to lift-up to 20 pounds