BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
Engineering Student (“Student”)
Stone Mills, Ontario; Loyalist Solar Project
- Reports directly to the Construction Engineer, or designate.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for assisting in all facets of construction oversight activities for the Loyalist Solar Project.
Key functions include:
- Support the Construction Engineer, Field Coordinator and Project Manager in the successful execution of the Loyalist Solar Project;
- Assist in oversight of construction field activities to support QA/QC;
- Assist with daily reporting of field activity observations, such as right-of-way inspections, progress, issues and risks;
- Assist with drafting and distribution of public notices;
- Identify QA/QC discrepancies from reporting;
- Assist with monitoring of construction progress;
- Assist with formulation of responses to inquiries;
- Assist with document control;
- Proactively identifies project barriers and identifies and implements strategies to overcome such barriers;
- Attend all project mock ups and project meetings, including daily POD meetings, look ahead meetings and safety meetings;
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs;
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company;
- Other duties as required.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein are likely.
- Working toward a degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management;
- Other equivalent combinations of directly related post-secondary education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated interest in construction management within the renewable energy field.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and construction plans;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to write routine reports and correspondences;
- Willingness to learn and take on new activities;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and reschedule priorities as needed;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Work in close proximity to heavy, electrical, and rotating equipment;
- Valid class G driver’s license;
- Physically capable of working safely in various environmental conditions, including cold and hot weather;
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as on-call.