BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
Position Title & Functional Team
- Project Administrator – 14 month maternity leave contract term
- Calgary, Alberta, with travel to support project activities of about 5% of the time.
- Reports directly to the Senior Lead, Development & Construction (“Lead”), or designate;
- Is a member of Development & Construction Team.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position provides administrative support for projects throughout their entire development lifecycle. The Project Administrator (the “Administrator”) will have demonstrable, hands-on administrative experience, providing clerical, organizational, and job support to the Development & Construction Team. This role requires strong project and coordination background with responsibility for the successful administrative execution of projects. Work is performed in a cross functional team environment, requiring interactions with members of other teams on a daily basis.
Projects will vary in technology (wind, water, solar), size, scope, schedule, geography, and development partners, requiring diverse and flexible solutions-oriented approaches.
Key functions, which will continue to evolve, include:
- Preparation and tracking of purchase orders and change orders;
- Coding of project related invoices and bills of materials and goods;
- Liaise with Accounting Team on project accounting matters;
- Liaise with Operations Coordinator, accounting, and other administrators as required, on administration and purchasing matters (e.g., PO/CO coverage if Operations Coordinator is out of the office, cost allocations, insurance coordination, etc.);
- Liaise with Land & Contracts Specialists and Legal Team to ensure project obligations are documented and actioned where appropriate. Carry out administrative duties and other activities within stakeholder tracking processes, and generally support the management and tracking of obligations and commitments contained within agreements, contracts, and other material documents;
- In conjunction with the Accounting Team, review project costs and contingency utilization (including comparing to budget, percentage complete, and cost to complete) to ensure they are accurate and updated on a timely basis; ensuring the Lead and EVP receive information in a timely manner in order to make decisions;
- Proactive preparation of quarterly accruals documentation (liaising with contractors/vendors to request WIP statements/progress for all open PO/CO) and assist Accounting Functional Team with quarterly and year end accruals process;
- Act as first point of contact for vendor inquiries to ensure timely and effective communication, manage these inquiries, and update vendor lists monthly for Development & Construction Team members;
- Assist with the preparation of all project related documents including RFPs, contracts, design and construction management documents, and support project tendering and implementation processes;
- Assist Development & Construction Team in preparing monthly status reports to the Board (e.g., Construction Report and HS&E Report), quarterly progress reports, and general support and administration of Board presentations;
- Support project related elements during project debt financings lead by the Finance Team;
- Oversee the active filing and maintenance of project files and assist the Lead with development and execution of the Project Execution Plans, identification of key performance indicators, risk matrix updates, meeting minutes, status reports, and project close out activities;
- Experience with systems implementation, including data transfer, quality control, process and procedure writing, and training;
- ShareFile administration (manage employee & client users);
- Set-up and manage meeting schedules and travel bookings for Development & Construction Team Directors and EVP;
- General administrative duties for all Development & Construction Team members;
- Proactive identification of barriers to project administration, development and implementation of strategies to overcome such barriers, while working closely with all functional team members;
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of BluEarth’s administration and project best practice processes as well as identifying new opportunities to improve execution and operational efficiencies;
- Uphold all of BluEarth’s foundational and organizational values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company;
- Adhere to BluEarth’s Health, Safety and Environment program, as well as all company policies & guidelines;
- Such other tasks and duties as BluEarth may reasonably require in connection with the pursuit of its goals.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration considered an asset.
- 8+ years as an administrative professional, 5 years of which must include systems based administrative support;
- Experience working with development & construction projects;
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Exceptional communication and strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to proactively identify and solve problems;
- Outstanding organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to effectively prioritize work flow and multitask;
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills, ability to professionally and effectively communicate with various types of individuals;
- Proven ability to work within a team and the ability to manage concurrent projects for multiple people with varying deadlines;
- Proven skills dealing with outside vendors and providing exceptional customer service;
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative, and be proactive;
- Highly motivated, action oriented, and results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy;
- Diplomacy, confidentiality, and a sense of discretion;
- Polite, professional, and respectful;
- Someone who is charismatic, fun, and has a sense of humour;
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth.
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability to travel within North America;
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required by a project’s lifecycle and operational requirements.